Sheera,celebrating 500th post

This is the 500th post  and Geeths Dawath is one year and four months old.And to celebrate the occasion I prepared Sheera as all good occasions are always celebrated by preparing something sweet.Sheera has a great connection in my life.This was the first sweet dish my husband had brought at Amma's house when we were seeing each other, garnished with lots of dry fruits.I  used to totally hate sweets then and Sheera was not in my like list .And forcefully I had to tell my then hub to be that it tasted wonderful to keep his mind....
                     Sheera is best had as a combination with puri or with Upma.You may have this as a breakfast or as a dessert.Or have it anytime just like that.I adapted this recipe from Jaya.V.Shenoy's cookbook.I refer her recipe book for most of the Amchi recipes and it gives a good result.
                         Once again I thank all my readers and well wishers A big heartfelt thank you.Please continue supporting...



Ingredients:
Medium rawa- 1 cup
Sugar-1 cup
Ghee -1/2 cup
Elaichi powder- 1/4 tsp
Saffron -a pinch or yellow food colour
Raisins- 8-10
Cashewnuts -10-15



Method:

  1. Boil 2 cups of water and keep it ready.
  2. Roast raisins and cashewnuts in a tsp of ghee until light brown and keep it ready.
  3. Roast rawa in ghee in a thick kadai.
  4. Add the boiling water turn over till the rava becomes soft.
  5. Add sugar and continue turning over for another few minutes.
  6. Add saffron soaked in milk or yellow colour,elaichi powder and mix it.
  7. Lastly garnish with roasted nuts and raisins.





Labels: ,