Babycorn 65

Babycorn 65 is one of the best starter I have ever tasted.No one can resist eating just one.Babycorn fry is one of my favourite dish.Santoshi prepares this often and I used to enjoy whenever she used to parcel the munchies to me,but now my kids too like it and I have started preparing it at home .Same recipe may be prepared with mushroom,potatoes and paneer too or even with prawns.I had some leftover batter and tried it with mushrooms and my kids just loved it.You may prepare the batter separately or apply the ingredients directly to the babycorn,coat it well and deep fry.I have tried both the methods.The first picture you see here is the one which I applied the batter directly and the second picture is with the separate batter.




Ingredients:
Babycorn-2 packets
Oil- to deep fry
Ingredients for the batter:
Cornflour-1/4 cup
Rice flour-2-3 tbsp
Curry leaves-2-3 sprigs,chopped
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
Chilly powder-1 tsp or to taste
Salt-to taste

Method:

  1. Wash the babycorn well,and cut it diagonally into two.
  2. Prepare the batter by adding water with the ingredients mentioned above to a medium thick batter.
  3. Heat oil in a kadai,dip the babycorn in the batter and deep fry until crisp and reddish in colour.
  4. Serve it  hot.




Labels: