Taj mahal rotti

I adapted this rotti  recipe from Shyamala Kini  akka,admin of a food group named as Konkani Amchi Food,where I got the exposure to exhibit my culinary talent for the first time in my life.She has very innovative recipes and they are so tempting that one cannot resist without trying the same.I have bookmarked most of her recipes which I will post in the coming days.This rotti is best served with poha chutney that is beaten rice dish.In Mangalore,Taj mahal is a famous restaurant where they serve traditional Konkani food.I served this rotti with Potato bhaji.This is a similar recipe of my Theek puri  but the only difference is, banana is added here and that makes a great difference.



Ingredients:
Whole wheat flour-2 cups
Water-as much needed to bind the dough
Salt-to taste
Sugar-1 pinch
Green chilly-1-2,crushed
Ripe banana-1,small
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp

Method:

  1. Knead the dough with all the ingredients mentioned above except oil.
  2. Pinch the dough into small balls and roll it into puris.
  3. Heat oil and deep fry it on both sides.
  4. Serve it hot with bhaji or poha chutney.


Labels: