Chocolate cake(Eggless)

I had bought one more heart shaped baking pan sometime back especially for the Valentines day,but since I had already posted Strawberry cheese cake  I had dropped the idea,but then I couldn't stop myself today in baking this wonderful recipe,that too my favourite chocolate  flavour and eggless too.The original recipe was with muffins,but I baked in an heart shaped baking pan.You may bake muffins too.The view of heart which indicates love, fills the atmosphere with so much of warmth and happiness,it brings gleam in everyone's eye.This cake came out super tasty and super soft.This recipe is definitely a keeper.Received thumbs up from my folks.Once again Happy Valentines day everyone!Have a loving year ahead!

Recipe adapted from: Jeyashri's kitchen




Ingredients:
Self raising flour/All purpose flour-1 ½ cup(I used self raising flour)
Coco powder-1/3 cup(I used Cadburys)
Sugar-1 cup,powdered
Oil-1/2 cup
Orange juice-1/2 cup(I used Real)
Cold water-1/2 cup
Lime juice/vinegar-2 tsp(I used lime juice)
Vanilla essence-2 tsp
Chocolate chips-2 tbsp
Baking soda-1 tsp


Method:
  1. Preheat the oven at 180 deg C for 15 minutes.
  2. Sift the self raising flour along with the cocoa powder and baking soda in a bowl and keep it aside.
  3. Take another bowl and add oil,water,orange juice,vanilla essence,sugar powder and mix it thoroughly until the sugar dissolves.
  4. Add the sifted ingredients to the wet mixture little by little,mix by using a spatula till you finish all the flour mixture and mix it into a smooth batter.
  5. See that there are no lumps,lastly add chocolate chips and mix it.
  6. Grease a baking tin with butter and pour the batter in it.
  7. Bake it in the oven at 180 deg C for 25 minutes and 7 more minutes at 150 deg C.
  8. Temperature and the timings may vary from every oven.



Labels: