Deep fried prawns in South Indian style

This recipe was noted by my bhabhi Santoshi in a Tv channel and this was her experiment.Santoshi, being a vegetarian, eggetarian cooks very good Tandoori prawns and this dish turned to be super tasty.I could not resist myself from eating  more and more.It was just like masala kadlo or masala Cashewnuts. No one can eat just one.I shot this picture which santoshi had given me as parcel as usual,we exchange things very often,and why not? we just have to cross a road.She also gave me marinated prawns since I loved it and I ate it heartily without any compromise.This is the bestest seafood starter I bet.But problem is she forgot the name of the dish so I named it as Deep fried prawns in South Indian style since it has lot of curry leaves.For crispier result it is better to prepare it with baby prawns,and the tail also can be eaten which turns damn crisp.Will update with more pictures soon.



Ingredients:
Small prawns-100,clean, Devein and  keep the tail intact
Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
Chilly powder-2-3 tsp
Curry leaves-1/2 cup,chopped
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Coriander powder-2 tsp
Lime -1.juice
Salt-to taste
To coat:
Besan-2 tbsp(approx)
Cornflour-2 tbsp(approx)
Rice flour-2 tbsp(approx)
Oil-as much needed to deep fry(I used coconut oil)

Method:
  1. Marinate the prawns with salt and lime juice for 30 minutes or more.
  2. Add all the powders one by one,ginger garlic paste,curry leaves and marinate  for for few more hours.
  3. Mix all the powders under To coat.
  4. Dip the marinated prawns in the flours,heat oil and deep fry until crisp.


Labels: ,