Cabbage and bell pepper momos

Chinese fest going on in my blog?. Well, today's theme in the FB food group was cabbage.Cabbage upkari,cabbage sukkhe ,cabbage ambado was a big NO to me,atleast not  today.Not that I don’t like it ,but not today.I wanted something new and innovative.So planned for cabbage and bell pepper  pakode ,still not satisfied and not enough enthusiasm.Finally,Sanju,my princess,read my mind and came to my rescue.She suggested,Amma, cabbage momos. Aha!  there came a Million dollar   smile on my face and I  started my job with zeal.Now the question was, what were the leftover bellpeppers doing in the fridge? Of course it was for the momos to contrast with the  cabbage....As I mentioned earlier,Chinese is the all time favorite at our place and this dish is  absolutely healthy with veggies and less oil,and overall steamed dumplings.With great difficulty I shot the pics since my hungry cubs were ready to attack. Finally I  shot the pics and my folks gulped the dumplings in  a jiffy. Momos are common in Chinese,Nepal and Eastern part of India.You may make your own stuffings of your choice  like shredded chicken,mixed veggies etc. Momos makes the best chinese starter.

Ingredients:
Maida(all purpose flour)-1 ½ cup
Baking powder-1/2 tsp
Salt-to taste
Water-as much needed to knead
Cabbage-1/2 cup chopped finely
Red capsicum-1 chopped very finely
Green capsicum-1 chopped very finely
Garlic powder-1 tsp
Chilly flakes-1/2 tsp
Pepper powder-1/4 tsp
Soya sauce-1 tsp
Oil-1tsp

Method:
  1. Mix maida,baking powder and salt and knead it to a stiff  dough with water,just like a puri dough.(not very hard nor soft).
  2. Keep it aside for 20 minutes by covering it in a damp cloth.
  3. Meanwhile take a tsp of oil and saute cabbage and bell peppers for 5 minutes on high flame.
  4. Add all the spices and salt to taste and saute for a minute and  lastly add soya sauce and stir for  a minute and off the flame.
  5. Make lemon sized round balls and roll into small,thin,translucent  discs(4" to 5").
  6. Add 1 tsp stuffing in the centre of the puri,and bring the edges together to cover the filling just like you drape the pleats of the saree.
  7. Seal it completely and steam it in a steamer for 5-6 minutes.
  8. Serve it with kimchi salad and sweet chilly sauce.
















Labels: